Friday, September 26, 2008

Miss Independent Means WHAT Exactly?.....

I think this is getting out of hand lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm ALL about my independence, I moved to DC when I was 16 and haven't really looked back since and unfortunately (or fortunately?) I've never had someone even offer to be my sugar daddy anyway lol. I worry that my CHOICE (not necessity) to make my mother happy and live with her when Taylor was born OR now my move to Florida and live with my grandmother gives the impression that I can't do it on my own. I wish I was the type of person that didn't care what people thought, but that's a conversation for a couch somewhere paying some jerk $80/hr to tell me it all stems from my relationship with my mother, how Freudian...

BUT being independent doesn't necessarily mean I'm ballin outta control either! Yeah I took a few trips this year to kinda reward myself, but I don't wear Gucci this and Prada that - I don't even think I ever even saw authentic Gucci merchandise until I went to the Bahamas in May... I definitely take care of everything (my bills, my daughter, my school and my grandmother's expenses) all on my own, but it's hard and I might not NEED my man's help, but to be honest if he offers I'm not too proud to ALWAYS say "I got it".... lol

So am I to understand that today's ideal woman is independently wealthy and looks like she's never washed a dish, much less cooked a meal in her life?

No comments: